Senior SEO Exec/Junior Manager
BASED IN SWINDON, WILTSHIRE
Reporting to the SEO Manager
Working in our Search Engine Marketing team you will work closely with our SEO Manager and other team members to drive Organic performance for our clients. Our clients are a mix of lead generation and ecommerce sites. Many of our clients are well known brand names and leading charities.
You will be experienced in the current techniques and methods of SEO in 2021 with a clear understanding of the marketing rationale behind ‘search intent’.
You will have an analytical and problem-solving approach to the technical aspects of SEO an interest in understanding the role SEO can play in delivering to a clients’ overall marketing objectives and how excellence in SEO can support activity in other digital channels.
You will have experience of using standard SEO tools such as SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Lighthouse, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (or their equivalents) and understand the role they play in delivering SEO success. If, additionally, you have a knowledge of Google Ads or Adobe Analytics that would be a bonus.
We expect you to have good communication skills in writing and in person, and be able to create compelling and persuasive meta data for the sites that you are optimising. These skills should also help you to understand when a client’s existing content is not up to scratch and to be able to suggest improvements. You may also be required to help with recommending content ideas for blog articles and drafting short sections of on-page content.
You will ensure all our processes are followed so we deliver the best service possible. You will be happy to work collaboratively with all colleagues and proactively suggest campaign improvements and can explain complex technologies simply to colleagues and clients.
We’ll give you the opportunity to grow your career through structured training, client engagement with well-known brands and gain experience of other digital marketing channels. We would expect you to be generous with your time to provide training and insight to other colleagues.
- Help to deliver SEO strategies agreed with clients to meet performance targets. Work will be varied and structured and you will be fully trained and supported. Depending on your strengths, your typical responsibilities might include:
- on-page copy and meta data optimization
- technical SEO audit and recommendations
- website migration management
- monthly performance reporting and insight
- competitor analysis to provide client with insight
- backlink auditing and disavowing
- project managing our link earning partner
- liaising with our Paid team to help develop SEM strategies
- Maintain a pro-active relationship with colleagues and clients to ensure the client is kept up to date on campaign developments.
- Ensure all our processes are adhered to (whilst you proactively help improve them).
- Be motivated to proactively keep up with Google and industry developments and new technologies to ensure as an agency we are staying ahead of the curve.
- Maintain a positive and open dialog with colleagues and clients regarding current campaigns, new opportunities, and areas for growth.
- Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ experience of SEO inside a client-side marketing team or digital agency environment
- Expertise with SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Lighthouse, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (or their equivalents). Ideally GAIQ qualified (or similar) to demonstrate your commitment continued professional development.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to draw conclusions and make actionable recommendations based on the interrogation of data.
- Excellent written English
- Experience of developing creative ideas when planning client content
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact confidently with internal staff and clients, in person and in writing
- A keen eye for detail and able to prioritise your own work effectively, with support
- Comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines
What to expect?
- The opportunity to work on varied projects and clients
- To work across departments as part of a full-service digital agency team
- Enhanced holiday allowance – starting with 22.5 days per annum plus bank holidays,
- Company auto enrolment pension scheme
- Life assurance – after probationary period
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual eye tests
- AXA PPP employee assistance programme
- Refer a friend recruitment reward scheme
- Continuous training and development programmes
- Free tea, proper coffee, biscuits and fruit every day when we are in the office
- Stupendous Christmas party when we can!
- Periodic team bonding nights out on the town, on the company, when we can
- £25, net, per month contribution to gym membership
- Free parking
Apply and tell us why you’d like to be part of the equimedia team – upload your C.V and covering letter explaining what makes you perfect for the role through the link.