Junior Web Developer –
Reporting to the Website Experience Director
Based in Swindon, Wiltshire
Equimedia are offering an exciting opportunity for a Junior Web Developer to join our growing website design, build and optimisation team. You will have a minimum 1 years’ experience working in a web development role, have a passion for best- in- class code, and be able to showcase some of your best work building modern open-source websites that deliver a conversion uplift and are easy for clients and their customers, to use.
- Supporting retained web development clients with BAU development changes
- Develop high quality code
- Version control and deployment procedure adherence
- Developing new websites working collaboratively with a team of web designers and back-end developers
- Build of HTML5 banners for display advertising with the support of UX Developers
- Setup of new experiments in A/B testing tools (i.e. VWO) with the support of UX Developers
- Delivering work to tight deadlines
Required Skills & Experience
- HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, skills
- Experience developing open-source websites in either WordPress or Drupal (both is ideal)
- Understanding of version control, i.e. Git
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, XD)
- Experience working within central workflow management processes i.e. Trello, Basecamp
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact confidently with internal staff and clients
- The ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Good attention to detail
‘Nice to have’ Skills
- Experience in an agency environment as part of a web development team
- Experience in Drupal 8
- Knowledge of CSS frameworks (Bootstrap) and CSS pre-processors (SASS)
- Familiarity with Angular (or the desire to learn these)
- Experience working in both waterfall and agile
- The ability to create interactive wireframes and hi-fidelity designs, i.e. Axure, Adobe XD
What to expect?
- The opportunity to work on varied projects and clients
- To work across departments as part of a full-service web agency team, i.e. SEO, analytics
- To work hard with a good-humored team!
- Great Benefits!
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance – starting with 22.5 days per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Company Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance – after probationary period
- Childcare Vouchers
- Annual Eye Tests
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- New Business Bonus Scheme
- Continuous Training and Development Programmes
- £25, net, per month contribution to Gym Membership
- Free Employee Assistance Programme provided by AXA PPP
- Free Parking when in office
Please apply and tell us why you’d like to be part of the equimedia team – send your C.V and covering letter through the link. We look forward to hearing from you!
No agencies thank you.